We’re thrilled to be offering a range of Workshops in Kalgoorlie-Boulder in November for parents and professionals. Join Helen Davidson at any or all of the Workshops on offer.
PROFESSIONAL WORKSHOP – presented by BEST
A DEEP DIVE INTO SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL WELLBEING
Thursday 8th November 9:00-3:30
Teaching the skills of social, emotional and learning resilience needs to start from early childhood. Making and keeping friends as well as sorting out the inevitable bumps in those relationships. Developing empathy. Coping with, and assertively managing teasing and bullying. Knowing how to name and tame feelings. And knowing the learning-to-learn tools and mindset that lead to success. These are THE skills and attitudes that keep a child connected to their learning journey.
Practical, effective, skills-based, child-friendly, evidence-based, completely resourced package for education and health professionals with…
- The two foundational tools of social & wellbeing that every child can learn
- The latest neuroscience about children’s social and emotional wellbeing
- A suite of tools that you can teach and every child can learn
- Australia’s latest Kids Matter approved social and emotional wellbeing program for early childhood and primary school
- Developing children’s awareness of feelings and how to manage them with evidence-based strategies
- Links to the Australian National Curriculum & Early Years Learning Framework
- A completely resourced package for K-6 education and transition to high school
- Applicability for allied health professionals, counsellors, social workers, psychologists, chaplains
- Individual and group therapy appropriate